Sunday, March 29, 2009

Using Podcast in the Classroom

I think access to podcast in the classroom is a very useful thing. It is another great instructional tool teachers can use in their classroom. The podcast that I watched from WGBH was very interesting. "A Night in the Coral Reef" was very informal. The podcast definitely caught my with all of the different colors. The video also kept my attention with all the images they were showing. Also, it had some really great information about the topic they were discussing. This video was easy enough for a group of elementary students to understand. It would fit perfectly in a classroom of students that age.

Podcast would be something that would be very useful to use while teaching in the classroom. They are easy to access and use. Also, it only takes a few minutes to download, so preparation time is not that long. They are easy enough for kids to understand them. They are creative and very informative and kids I think would appreciate them. Podcast area great idea to have in the classroom.

Another great thing about podcast in the classroom is if the teacher did not make something clear while teaching, the podcast could clear up any misunderstandings the students had if they watched a podcast on that topic. It gives children another type of learning method to have in the classroom as well. I think it is a great learning tool to have in the classroom. As a future teacher I look forward to using it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment