Sunday, February 22, 2009

Randy Pausch Last Lecture


Randy Pausch's lecture was so interesting. I thought it was an amazing lecture. He said some really amazing things that just captivated my attention. He did not dwell on the fact that he was terminally ill. I found what he said to be very profound. He talked about three things which are, childhood dreams, enabling others dreams, and lessons learned: how you can achieve your dreams or others dreams.
He talked about his childhood dreams. He talked about how he went about making his dreams come true. How fundamentals were important in achieving your dreams. Hard work is also important in full filling your dreams. He mention that brick walls were there for a reason which were to prove how much we want something.
He also mentioned enabling others dreams and lessons learned. In enabling others dreams he mentioned that students need to be encouraged. Also, there are certain ways things should be said. In lesson learned he mentioned the things he learned. He said it was important to have fun. Also, never lose that child like wonder. Finally, he said help others.
Randy Pausch gave a great message. He did a wonderful job and truly spoke to me. It was a wonderful lecture to watch. I have learned so much from watching this. His message will be very hard to forget. I truly enjoyed listening and watching him speak.

4 comments:

  1. i thought the part about his lecture being for his kids was amazing. It gave me chill bumps. I love the way he ended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with lauren :) Good work Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that he did a wonderful job, i can't even imagine how the first class he gave it too felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are certain ways that things should be said is soo true. I also believe that there are things that should never be said. I had someone tell me that when there child was in school, a teacher once told him that he would never make it and I thought, that is somthing that a teacher should never tall a student. Needless to say, this particular student graduated from the University of South Alabama and never made less than a B all through college. He went back to that teacher that told him he would never make it and let her know that he did make it.

    ReplyDelete